AI-Powered News AnalysisCompare coverage across the political spectrum

#democratic republic of congo

Related Stories (16)

Ebola outbreak in DR Congo becomes deadliest in its history

The outbreak was already the fastest growing on record, caused by a rare species of Ebola called Bundibugyo.

August 17, 2026

Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo becomes deadliest in country's history - Reuters

Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo becomes deadliest in country's history Reuters

August 16, 2026

Current Ebola outbreak worst ever in DR Congo, WHO says

The current strain has so far killed 1,587 people, and there is currently no approved vaccine or treatment.

August 1, 2026

'Moment of joy' as Uganda discharges last Ebola patient

Most of the recent cases were among travellers from the Democratic Republic of Congo.

July 16, 2026

France confirms first Ebola case

More than 260 people in the Democratic Republic of Congo are known to have died during the current outbreak.

June 24, 2026

Search for six-year-old Ebola patient after armed men storm DR Congo hospital

Health facilities have come under attack during the current outbreak as a result of misinformation and fear.

June 17, 2026

Witnessing joy amid the death: BBC travels to epicentre of Ebola outbreak

There are glimpses of happiness in the Democratic Republic of Congo's fight against the virus that has killed more than 170.

June 15, 2026

Congo says 782 Ebola cases confirmed, two new health zones affected - Reuters

Congo says 782 Ebola cases confirmed, two new health zones affected Reuters

June 14, 2026

Health workers struggle to contain Ebola in Congo camps as distrust grows - Reuters

Health workers struggle to contain Ebola in Congo camps as distrust grows Reuters

June 14, 2026

Congo says number of confirmed Ebola cases rises to 710 - Reuters

Congo says number of confirmed Ebola cases rises to 710 Reuters

June 14, 2026

Congo says number of confirmed Ebola cases rises to nearly 600 - Reuters

Congo says number of confirmed Ebola cases rises to nearly 600 Reuters

June 9, 2026

Congo says Ebola deaths top 100 as armed groups threaten response - Reuters

Congo says Ebola deaths top 100 as armed groups threaten response Reuters

June 8, 2026

Congo says number of confirmed Ebola cases rises to 515 - Reuters

Congo says number of confirmed Ebola cases rises to 515 Reuters

June 7, 2026

Ebola spread in DR Congo 'alarming', charity warns, as WHO chief visits worst-hit area

Médicins Sans Frontières says that never before has an Ebola outbreak recorded so many cases so soon after its declaration.

May 30, 2026

DR Congo declares national holiday after reaching World Cup for first time in 52 years

This is just the second time that DR Congo have reached the World Cup finals, sparking celebrations in Kinshasa.

April 1, 2026

DR Congo government says 200 killed after landslide at rebel-held mine

The M23, which controls the coltan-rich area, has not commented and the death toll is hard to verify.

March 5, 2026

Related Pages (20)

Untitled

window.wiz_progress&&window.wiz_progress();window.wiz_tick&&window.wiz_tick('lW1Lhc');(function(){'use strict';var c=window,d=[];c.aft_counter=d;var e=[],f=0;function _recordIsAboveFold(a){if(!c._isLa

news.google.comAugust 17, 2026

Ebola outbreak in DR Congo becomes deadliest in its history

A new Ebola treatment centre was inaugurated in Rwakole, Bunia, DR Congo on 4 August The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo is now the deadliest in its history, according to public he

bbc.co.ukAugust 17, 2026

Current Ebola outbreak worst ever in DR Congo, WHO says

The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo is the biggest in the country's history, the World Health Organization (WHO) has said. As of 30 July, there were 3,605 confirmed cases including

bbc.co.ukAugust 1, 2026

'Moment of joy' as Uganda discharges last Ebola patient

Uganda introduced tightened screening and other protocols as soon as the Ebola outbreak was declared in May The last patient being treated for Ebola in Uganda has been discharged from hospital, leavi

bbc.co.ukJuly 16, 2026

France confirms first Ebola case

Healthcare workers are at high risk of contracting Ebola France has confirmed its first case of Ebola - a doctor who had returned from a humanitarian mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The

bbc.co.ukJune 24, 2026

Search for six-year-old Ebola patient after armed men storm DR Congo hospital

Authorities in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo are searching for a six-year-old Ebola patient and her mother after armed men stormed the hospital where they were being treated. The child was tak

bbc.comJune 21, 2026

Recovery of Ebola patients offers rare moments of joy at epicentre of outbreak

It is strange to witness singing and dancing in a place which has seen so much death but the successful treatment of an Ebola patient is cause for celebration at a hospital in the north-east of the De

bbc.comJune 19, 2026

Congo says 782 Ebola cases confirmed, two new health zones affected

KINSHASA, June 14 (Reuters) – The number of confirmed Ebola cases in Democratic Republic of Congo has increased to 782 after 72 new cases were documented in 24 hours, one of the biggest single-day jum

theprint.inJune 18, 2026

Congo says 782 Ebola cases confirmed, two new health zones affected

<img src="" > KINSHASA, June 14 (Reuters) - The number of confirmed Ebola cases in Democratic R

internazionale.itJune 18, 2026

Ebola Cases In Congo Rise To 710

<iframe src="//www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=GTM-MBVXX7" height="0" width="0" style="display: none; visibility: hidden"></iframe> (function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)

urdupoint.comJune 18, 2026

Ebola Crisis: Health Workers Struggle Amid Mistrust and Conflict in DRC

In the Democratic Republic of Congo, health workers are facing significant challenges in containing an Ebola outbreak amid residents' mistrust and hostility in displacement camps. The virus has surfac

devdiscourse.comJune 18, 2026

‘Customer harassment’ continues in Japan despite moves to end it

NIZI, Democratic Republic of Congo – After the Kpangba displacement camp became the first in this part of war-torn Congo to record deaths from Ebola two weeks ago, health workers rushed to trace those

japantimes.co.jpJune 18, 2026

Untitled

The number of confirmed Ebola cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo has increased to 710, including 149 deaths, government data showed. The number represented the total number of confirmed cases

trtworld.comJune 17, 2026

Ebola Crisis Escalates in Conflict Zones of Congo

The Democratic Republic of Congo announced a concerning rise in confirmed Ebola cases, now approaching the 600 mark, urging the local population to heed safety protocols. Despite efforts, health autho

devdiscourse.comJune 12, 2026

Congo says Ebola deaths top 100 as armed groups threaten response

Estimated read time: 1-2 minutes DAKAR, SENEGAL — Democratic Republic of Congo on Monday said confirmed Ebola deaths had climbed ​to 101 and that the presence of armed groups was continuing to hinder

ksl.comJune 10, 2026

Ebola cases rise in Congo, as government revives travel restrictions

Updated June 8, 2026 at 11:40 AM PDT KINSHASA, Democratic Republic of Congo — Health authorities in the Democratic Republic of Congo have confirmed 27 new Ebola cases, according to a report released

kpbs.orgJune 10, 2026

Congo says number of confirmed Ebola cases rises to 515

Published on 06/08/2026 at 02:25 am IST - Modified on 06/08/2026 at 02:55 am IST KINSHASA, June 7 (Reuters) - Democratic Republic of Congo said on Sunda

in.marketscreener.comJune 9, 2026

Ebola Outbreak Worsens in Democratic Republic of Congo

The Democratic Republic of Congo reported a worrying rise in Ebola cases on Sunday. The number of confirmed cases has climbed to 515 following the addition of 27 positive samples collected over the pr

devdiscourse.comJune 9, 2026

Democratic Republic of Congo: How The Leopards qualified for their first World Cup since 1974

The Democratic Republic of Congo ended a 52-year wait for World Cup qualification with a win over Jamaica in the inter-confederation play-off final; Axel Tuanzebe scored the winning goal in extra-time

skysports.comApril 2, 2026

DR Congo mine landslide death toll tops 200: government

Collapse The death toll from a la

africanews.comMarch 5, 2026